Families considering home study due to COVID-19 may wish to contact their child’s principal or district superintendent to ask about the school’s plans for hybrid learning in the 2020-2021 school year and their specific concerns and options, before completing the home study enrollment materials.
Families may enroll for the 2020-2021 school year anytime between now and May 1, 2021 on a rolling basis. August 1 is the deadline for returning home school families who potentially might be eligible for an exemption from the Minimum Course of Study requirement on the third consecutive year of enrollment.
Please note that families enrolled in home study are not eligible for free or reduced-price meals through the school lunch program.
In accordance with the State Board of Education, AOE accountability goals, and Vermont law, the home study program works to ensure that all students enrolled in home study programs have access to a quality education.
Guidelines for 千亿体育官网 Study in Vermont contains information necessary to prepare and submit an enrollment notice for homeschooling. Excerpts from relevant statutes and rules are also provided.
千亿体育官网 Study Timeline
August 01 – Submission deadline to qualify for the MCOS exemption.
Rolling enrollments千亿体育官网 are accepted as long as the student is enrolled elsewhere (public school/ independent school) until you have received an official 千亿体育官网 Study enrollment complete letter.
*Please note that not all students enrolling will need all forms. Below are your enrollment and forms submission options.
Enrollments can take up to 14 business days to process once received. Submission of an enrollment packet does not千亿体育官网 mean that the student is been enrolled in a home study program. When students are officially enrolled in a home study program, families will receive an enrollment complete letter from the 千亿体育官网 Study Office.
The Agency of Education offers Cognito Forms as a secure online method to create and submit 千亿体育官网 Study forms. You may save and resume your work as long as your record the save link provided within Cognito. Otherwise upon submission the Agency receives a copy of your forms, and you will receive a pdf copy of your submission within the confirmation email. Please be sure to check your SPAM/Junk folder for the confirmation email. Emails will go to the email addresses listed on the form.
Full Enrollment Packet via Cognito
Individual Forms via Cognito
Printable Forms for Paper Submissions
千亿体育官网 Families who choose not to submit electronically via Cognito Forms have the option to print and complete the applicable forms listed below to enroll in the Vermont 千亿体育官网 Study Program. Please note we are no longer able to offer pdf fillable forms due to a licensing restriction.
- Full Enrollment Packet with Instructions
- Enrollment Form A
- Professional Evidence Reporting Form B
- Minimum Course of Study (MCOS)
- Adaptations for Minimum Course of Study
- Instructor Enrollment Form C
- Assurance of Educational Legal Rights
Don’t have access to print the required forms, and don’t feel comfortable submitting them electronically? Please contact the 千亿体育官网 Study office for other options.
千亿体育官网 Study Resources
千亿体育官网Please read the 千亿体育官网 Study guidelines for information necessary to prepare and submit an enrollment notice for homeschooling.
Guidance on End of Year Assessment (EOYA)
- End of the Year Assessment (EOYA) PowerPoint
- Template for Parent Report and Student Portfolio in Word
- Teacher End of the Year Assessment
- End of the Year Assessment/Teacher Expectations
Guidance on Minimum Course of Study (MCOS)
Samples of the Minimum Course of Study (MCOS)
- Sample Minimum Course of Study for Ages 5-7
- Sample Minimum Course of Study for Ages 7-10
- Sample Minimum Course of Study for Ages 9-11
- Sample Minimum Course of Study for High School
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 千亿体育官网 Study FAQ: Special Needs/Special Education
- 千亿体育官网 Study FAQ: Public School
- 千亿体育官网 Study FAQ: Enrollment
- 千亿体育官网 Study FAQ: End of Year Assessment (EOYA)
- Memo: 千亿体育官网 Study Enrollment
- Memo: 千亿体育官网 Study Students and Optional State Testing
- Memo: 千亿体育官网 Study Information for Vermont Public Schools
- Memo: 千亿体育官网 Study Enrollment School Year Definitions Memo
- Memo: 千亿体育官网 Study Dual Enrollment and Early College
Parents' Rights in Special Education
Under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) of 2004 and the Agency of Education's Special Education rules, parents have specific rights concerning their participation in the special education process. The Parents' Rights in Special Education (Procedural Safeguards Notice) booklet is designed to inform parents of those rights and provide a list of available resources.
This document is available in the following languages: Bosnian, Nepali, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Somali, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Vietnamese. Translations in Arabic, French, and Swahili will be available in the near future.
If you have questions please contact the 千亿体育官网 Study Team
Email the 千亿体育官网 Study Team, or call (802) 828-6225